Imagine entering your kitchen early in the morning only to see your refrigerator door swung open. You are startled. You couldn’t believe your eyes. You always closed your refrigerator door, and last night was not an exception. Or was it? Now you move to the refrigerator with unsure steps. What must have happened to the raw and cooked foods there? Is your refrigerator still working? Will it ever work again?
This scenario plays out in a lot of households. Because of our busy schedules, our kids and other factors can leave our refrigerator doors open for long minutes and hours. The pertinent question here is: How do we prevent this from occurring? How do we ensure that our refrigerators are always closed?
To avoid this scenario from playing out in your home, you need to buy a refrigerator door alarm. It will help you always to close your fridge door. It will also help to prevent food spoilage and wastage of food and money. I strongly recommend it for your use. This review will provide more knowledge on the refrigerator door alarms to buy and why you need them.
WSDCAM Freezer Door Alarm Review
If you need an alarm that will prevent you from keeping your fridge open, then this is perfect for you. The alarm comes in four modes and goes off if the freezer door stays open for 3, 15, 30, and 60 seconds, and you can easily set the delay time as your need.
It also has a simple peel and sticks installation. You can install it easily on any freezer/fridge without any tools because it comes with adhesive tapes.
The best part is that the alarm is not only a refrigerator alarm; it also functions as a door alarm for home security and helps to prevent intruders from coming into your house. It can also notify you if children and pets are coming or going. You only need to set the appropriate mode based on what you want.
Length: 3.4 inches
Width: 1.7 inches
Height: 0.6 inches
Weight: 1.13 ounces
Batteries: 2AAA Required
Item model number SF02C-WSD
When you seek a multipurpose alarm, this is for you. This alarm has four separate modes, which are:
- Time Delay Alarm: It sounds “Di-Di-Di” from 0dB to 108dB if a door stays open for 3, 15, 30, and 60 seconds.
- General Alarm Alert: This alarm stops if the door is closed.
- Constant Alarm: This is a continuous alarm even when the door is closed.
- Door Open Chime: This alarm sounds “DingDong” once the door opens.
Easy to Install
If you are wondering how to fix this, worry no more. This alarm is easy to install and comes with adhesive tapes. With that, you can fix it easily.
Low Battery Warning
With this alarm, you will never miss out on its goodness due to its low battery. As soon as the battery runs down, the LED light will flash once every second so you can change the batteries.
Easy to set up
The battery works well
The alarm works without any wiring.
Batteries are easy to acquire.
Alarms can be pretty loud
FRIDGGI Door Alarm
If you need a trusted door alarm that will help you prevent wastage that comes with leaving your fridge door open, then this is perfect for you. It will help you close your fridge or freezer door when left open or ajar and avoid wasting food. If you have kids around the house, you have to get this. It will help you not to waste electricity and to keep your foods fresh.
It has four different modes, which are Quiet, Medium, Normal, and Loud. It also comes as a standalone device that is ready for use after unboxing. It also contains 3X LR44 batteries included so it can last for 12 months.
You can change the modes by pressing the SET button and then confirming. The quiet mode gives one beep, Medium gives two beeps, Normal gives three beeps, and Loud gives four beeps.
Length: 0.79 inches
Width: 1.38 inches
Height: 2.56 inches
Weight: 1.83 ounces
Batteries: 3 LR44 batteries required
Item model number: Fridggi-52321
Fridggi Freezer Alarm has four modes, and they are:
Normal (90dB with a beep every 10s),
Loud (95dB, beeps every 10 seconds and a 110db Siren after every 4 minutes).
Produces Different Alarms
Fridggi Freezer Alarm produces different alarms based on the condition. They are:
Gentle alarms – This alert goes off after one minute for two seconds, a second alarm after 2 minutes (for 4 seconds) when the fridge door is still open or ajar.
Continuous alarm: This alert goes off after 3 minutes and stays for 60 seconds. It will help you close the fridge or freezer door in typical situations.
Repeated siren: Loud Mode includes an additional 110dB Siren every four minutes and stays for 20 seconds. You can activate using SET Button (4 beeps confirmation).
Fridggi alarm usually makes one beep when the door is open; then continuous Di Di alerts after 1, 2, and 3 minutes; you have 59 seconds to take food out of the freezer or refrigerator. Normal and Loud modes include a low volume Beep every 10 seconds; it will help you avoid Di Di’s alert when you keep the door open for more than 60 seconds.
Easy to Use:
Fridggi alarm is easy to use for everyone. This is one fridge alarm that is very easy to install and use. The installation process is outlined below:
How to Install Fridggi Fridge Alarm
- To emit the beep, Switch ON. To activate, place the mini sensor close to the alarm for 10 seconds.
- Before you peel the double-sided tape, choose placement on the freezer or fridge (front, left, or up) where you can put the mini magnet at the same height level as the alarm.
- You will hear a beep and a Di Di Alert if you keep the door open after one, two, and three minutes (Medium Mode).
- To change the mode, use the SET button and then wait for beeping confirmation. For the quiet mode, it’s one beep; for the medium mode, it’s two beeps; for the normal mode, it’s three beeps; and for the loud mode, it’s four beeps.
- It has a continuous alarm.
- It has four modes.
- You can set the mode to quiet, Medium, normal and loud mode.
- It does not go off with a temperature difference.
What Happens when Refrigerator Door is Left Open?
Excess Moisture Formation
When you leave a refrigerator’s door open and unattended for long, the outside, warm air will combine with the cool breeze from the fridge, and the amount of moisture in the refrigerator will increase tremendously. Therefore the entire fridge will be moist, and everything in the fridge will be wet. Also, the compressor will run continuously because it is difficult for the sensors on your fridge to get to the cool temperature, resulting in more moisture in the refrigerator.
The Refrigerator will Take Time to be Cool Again
Another profound thing that will happen is that it will take a longer time than normal for the refrigerator to become cold again. It will take a defrosting process to commence before the fridge ever becomes cold again.
Food Items Get Warm, and Food Spoilage Starts
Due to the increase in temperature caused by swinging the refrigerator door open, the frozen food items getting warm, and food spoilage will begin. However, if the refrigerator was set to an appropriate temperature and remained calm, some foods like bread, fruits, vegetables will remain unspoiled. But if the foods are easily spoilt, they may get spoilt.
Your Refrigerator may Damage
Our primary concern when our refrigerator door is open is usually whether the fridge will get damaged. In some cases, the refrigerator will not damage, while in some cases, it can lead to some damages.
Electricity Waste Takes Place
When you leave your refrigerator door open for long, it leads to wastage of electrical energy. This wastage occurs because the fridge’s compressor will begin to run a cycle as you open the refrigerator.
What to Do if the Refrigerator Door is Left Open All Night?
If your refrigerator door was open all night, these are what you should do:
- Take away every soft, wet, thawed, or leaking food.
- Check perishable foods such as lunch meat, ground meat, milk, fish, cooked foods carefully.
- Check for the level of spoilage your food has gone through.
- Throw away any food that smells or looks spoilt and has defrosted completely.
- Check if your freezer and fridge work properly. Do that separately for proper confirmation.
- Check for Foods You Can Save: Although some foods get spoiled when the refrigerator door is left open for hours, some foods can last for a long time without getting spoilt. The average time they can stay is 8 to 10 hours, provided the temperature does not exceed 50°F (10°C). Examples of such food include Hard cheeses, Canned fruits, Processed cheeses, Fresh, candied, dried fruits, Mustard, olives, jelly, pickles, ketchup, Butter, Fruit pastries, Sauces such as soy, barbecue, or Worcestershire, and Condiments like mayonnaise.
What to Do if the Refrigerator Door is Left Open and is not Cooling?
What happens when your refrigerator is not working even after checking the necessary parts and doing all the above steps? You carry out these steps:
Leaving the refrigerator open for a long time can cause a lot of damage and loss. You will waste a lot of food and can risk some damage to your refrigerator. But you can avoid all that by purchasing either fridge alarm. They are affordable, long-lasting, and easy to install. They will help you keep your fridge close, save electricity costs, keep your food fresh, and prevent food wastage—so much value for such an affordable price.